At Qualia, we are making it possible to close on a home with a click of a button. Families across the US are now resetting their expectations of how easy it can be to buy or sell a home.
We are fundamentally transforming the real estate closing process, the gateway to one of the largest US asset classes historically untouched by modern technology. Our platform brings everyone involved in the closing process – lenders, realtors, title agents, home buyers, and sellers – onto one shared, secure, mobile platform. Qualia has grown significantly since its founding in 2015, and now handles 15% of the national real estate market.
We’re looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team! In this role, you will play an integral part in supporting the Controller in the preparation of financial statements, ensuring accurate and timely completion of AR/AP, and take on general accounting tasks. We are looking for an accountable, critical thinking, and goal-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. As an early member of the accounting team at Qualia this team member will have opportunities to grow into additional responsibilities.
Your day to day
- Supporting the Controller in preparation of accurate and timely Financial Statements for the month, quarter, and year-end close, in accordance with GAAP;
- Own daily, weekly & monthly accounting tasks such as AP, AR, expense reimbursements, payroll, deferred revenue, etc;
- Preparing balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure accurate account balances;
- Assist with implementing a new ERP system;
- Assist with audits, including preparation of audit schedules and reconciliations
- Proactively review current procedures and seek ways to improve processes to ensure timely monthly close, accuracy of accounting entries, and operational efficiency
- Ad hoc reporting and analytic projects.
Your background that likely makes you a match
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an Accounting role
- Strong organizational and verbal / written English communication skills
- Confidence working independently and seeking guidance when needed
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail a must
- You can think on your feet and are comfortable in a fast-growing work environment
- You are self-motivated and deadline-driven
- You are an Excel wizard
- Experience with Netsuite, Bill.Com, and Expensify a plus.
- A team culture that embraces individual curiosity, professional growth and development
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
- Centrally located downtown office
- Dynamic, supportive office environment with fantastic co-workers
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- Other fun perks like daily catered lunches, happy hours & team trips