At Qualia, we’ve built a new class of real estate technology that simplifies home buying and selling into an easy, understandable, and secure process. Our products bring together users from across the real estate ecosystem—homebuyers and sellers, lenders, title and escrow agents, and real estate agents—onto a single shared platform, providing greater clarity and transparency to real estate transactions. Today, millions of consumers use Qualia to close on homes every year.
We are hiring a Senior Technical Program Manager interested in being a part of our rapidly growing engineering team. Our engineering team releases new software every week, moves at a fast pace, and works directly with our product, design and customer-facing teams to imagine and build the new experiences our customers love. This role reports to the Vice President of Engineering.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you've been in the industry for a while and have a proven track record of success. You are comfortable leading complex, high-liability projects under aggressive timelines. You have experience making key product, technical, and operational decisions and performing the research to back up those decisions. You've dealt with the consequences of your mistakes, and you know how to fight fires if necessary. You enjoy mentoring and providing support. You've thrived in different environments and realize that each team is unique.
Your Day to Day
- You will lead major product and technology initiatives that are key to Qualia’s continued growth by providing clarity, focus, and ensuring relentless execution
- You will develop and maintain product and engineering metrics to drive operational excellence and continuous improvement
- You will manage planning and collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence to facilitate an effective product development process
Your Background that Likely Makes You a Match
- 5+ years of experience as an engineering manager, technical program or project manager leading product development for commercial software products in high growth, high velocity environment, 7+ years of professional experience in software development
- Expertise in all aspects of agile software development lifecycle from conception to delivery including requirements definition, software development, quality assurance, build and release processes
- Track record of success leading complex, cross-functional technology initiatives under aggressive timelines
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence, engineering metrics
- Strong analytical, project management, people management, written and verbal communication skills
- Background in enterprise software or fintech and prior experience as a software developer preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math, or related fields.
- Qualia is growing fast, we're passionate about technology that solves real world problems that affect millions
- Our strong engineering culture empowers engineers to make product decisions
- We are a collaborative team that values mentorship and growth
- Our team is made up of incredibly fun and bright co-workers, we take time to eat together and share conversation at our daily catered lunches
- We have a fantastic location in a sunny office in downtown San Francisco, easily commutable from anywhere in the Bay Area by BART and MUNI
- We offer generous compensation and benefits packages including medical, vision, and dental insurance and a flexible PTO policy
About our Engineering Team
- Our engineering team demonstrates and values technical thought leadership.
- Qualia’s Head of Design, Jack Lukic, is the creator of Semantic UI, one of the most popular open-source design frameworks. Qualia engineers learn this framework, and design patterns more generally, directly from the creator of the framework our front end is built on! Very few companies can say that.
- As part of our focus on continual learning and development, a Qualia team member gives an educational talk on something they’re interested in every Thursday to the entire engineering and product team. Topics range from Kolmogorov complexity theory to the definition of art, to models of existential risk.
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. Qualia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.