At Qualia, we’ve built a new class of real estate technology that simplifies home buying and selling into an easy, understandable, and secure process. Our products bring together users from across the real estate ecosystem—homebuyers and sellers, lenders, title and escrow agents, and real estate agents—onto a single shared platform, providing greater clarity and transparency to real estate transactions. Today, millions of consumers use Qualia to close on homes every year.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
Your work will focus on testing the functionality and design of our core web applications, microservices, and integrations with external software. Our QA department is small and the responsibilities are large, making this an excellent opportunity to become an important part of a rapidly growing team. We work fast at Qualia; our release cycle is short and our engineers are productive, so efficiency and thoroughness are paramount. If the prospect of working hard, learning new things every day, and being a part of a world-class product team sounds appealing, we would love to hear from you.
YOUR BACKGROUND THAT LIKELY MAKES YOU A MATCH
- 5+ years of experience in testing complex, customer-facing products
- Ability to self-manage
- Highly conscientious
- Team oriented
- A quick learner
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with GitHub or other version control management systems
- Experience in enterprise SaaS or Fintech preferred
(BONUS) PROFICIENCY WITH THE FOLLOWING
- macOS Terminal
- Chrome Dev Tools
- Meteor Dev Tools
- Atom (or equivalent text editor)
- Our flat company structure empowers engineers to make product decisions
- We have a collaborative culture where engineers mentor each other
- Our sunny office is centrally located in downtown San Francisco, easily commutable from anywhere in the Bay Area
- We offer generous compensation and benefits packages including medical, vision, and dental insurance and a flexible PTO policy
ABOUT OUR ENGINEERING TEAM
- Our engineering team demonstrates and values technical thought leadership.
- Qualia’s Head of Design, Jack Lukic, is the creator of Semantic UI, one of the most popular open-source design frameworks. Qualia engineers learn this framework, and design patterns more generally, directly from the creator of the framework our front end is built on! Very few companies can say that.
- As part of our focus on continual learning and development, a Qualia team member gives an educational talk on something they’re interested in every Thursday to the entire engineering and product team. Topics range from Kolmogorov complexity theory to the definition of art, to models of existential risk.
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. Qualia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.