At Qualia, we’ve built a new class of real estate technology that simplifies home buying and selling into an easy, understandable, and secure process. Our products bring together users from across the real estate ecosystem—homebuyers and sellers, lenders, title and escrow agents, and real estate agents—onto a single shared platform, providing greater clarity and transparency to real estate transactions. Today, over half a million real estate professionals use Qualia to power their closings, and we currently process more than 1.5 million transactions a year.
Our infrastructure team is responsible for designing, developing, monitoring and tuning our production and QA infrastructure, and for developing and maintaining our CI/CD platform and tools. We are looking for entrepreneurial engineers interested in being a part of our rapidly growing engineering team.
As a senior infrastructure engineer, you've been in the industry for a while and have a proven track record of success. You are comfortable taking full responsibility for complex, high-liability projects. You have experience making key architectural decisions and performing the research to back up those decisions. You've dealt with the consequences of your mistakes, and you know how to fight fires if necessary. You enjoy mentoring and providing support to less experienced developers. You've thrived in many different environments and realize that each team is unique.
Your Day to Day
- Your work will focus on architecting, building, managing and tuning our deployment infrastructure
- You will work closely with the rest of the engineering team to ensure stability, scalability, and performance of our broad portfolio of products and services running on AWS
- Our engineers are generalists, and your responsibilities will be flexible based on company needs as well as your skills and interests.
The Experience We Are Looking For
- BS/MS in Computer Science or in a relevant field of study
- 5+ years of experience designing, troubleshooting and tuning large scale cloud systems
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience architecting and managing cloud infrastructure as code on AWS
- Hands-on working experience with
- Monitoring tools
- CI/CD tools
- Proficiency in Node.js, Ruby or Golang
- Excellent written and verbal communication, people and collaboration skills
- Experience with large scale enterprise SaaS deployments and MongoDB is a strong plus
- Our flat company structure empowers engineers to make product decisions
- We have a collaborative culture where engineers mentor each other
- Our sunny office is centrally located in downtown San Francisco, easily commutable from anywhere in the Bay Area
- We offer generous compensation and benefits packages including medical, vision, and dental insurance and a flexible PTO policy
About our Engineering Team
- Our engineering team demonstrates and values technical thought leadership.
- Qualia’s Head of Design, Jack Lukic, is the creator of Semantic UI, one of the most popular open-source design frameworks. Qualia engineers learn this framework, and design patterns more generally, directly from the creator of the framework our front end is built on! Very few companies can say that.
- As part of our focus on continual learning and development, a Qualia team member gives an educational talk on something they’re interested in every Thursday to the entire engineering and product team. Topics range from Kolmogorov complexity theory to the definition of art, to models of existential risk.
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. Qualia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.