At Qualia, we've built a new class of real estate technology that simplifies home buying and selling into an easy, understandable, and secure process. Our products bring together users from across the real estate ecosystem---homebuyers and sellers, lenders, title and escrow agents, and real estate agents---onto a single shared platform, providing greater clarity and transparency to real estate transactions. Today, millions of consumers use Qualia to close on homes every year.
The Infrastructure team is responsible for designing, developing, monitoring and tuning our Production and Staging environments, CI/CD pipelines, Observability Stack, Security and Developer Experience. We are looking for entrepreneurial engineers interested in being a part of our rapidly growing engineering team.
As a senior infrastructure engineer, you have a track record of success. You are comfortable taking full responsibility for complex, high-liability projects. You have experience making key architectural decisions and performing the research to back up those decisions. You enjoy mentoring and providing support to fellow engineers.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Pair with your colleagues to develop features for the Qualia Operator (for Kubernetes) in Go
- Work with the product teams on core services and framework improvements
- Advise on performance optimizations
- Develop infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Build CI/CD pipelines (Terraform, Ruby)
- Work on observability stack (Prometheus, EFK)
- Develop traffic and access policies
- Work on storage and database management (MongoDB, S3)
- Provide SRE support
YOUR BACKGROUND THAT LIKELY MAKES YOU A MATCH
- Hands-on working experience with
- CI/CD pipelines
- Proficiency in Go, Ruby or Node.js
- 5+ years of experience designing, troubleshooting and tuning large scale cloud systems
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience architecting and managing cloud infrastructure as code
- Experience with large scale enterprise SaaS deployments and MongoDB is a strong plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication, people and collaboration skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or in a relevant field of study
- Our flat company structure empowers engineers to make product decisions
- We have a collaborative culture where engineers mentor each other
- Our team members take time to eat together and share conversation at our daily catered lunches
- We have a fantastic location in a sunny office in downtown San Francisco, easily commutable from anywhere in the Bay Area by BART and MUNI
- We offer generous compensation and benefits packages including medical, vision, and dental insurance and a flexible PTO policy
ABOUT OUR ENGINEERING TEAM
- Our engineering team demonstrates and values technical thought leadership
- As part of our focus on continual learning and development, a Qualia team member gives an educational talk on something they're interested in every Thursday to the entire engineering and product team. Topics range from Kolmogorov complexity theory to the definition of art, to models of existential risk
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. Qualia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.