At Qualia, we are fundamentally transforming the way real estate professionals, lenders, and homebuyers manage real estate transactions, one of the nation’s largest industries. We are bringing together everyone involved in the closing process onto one shared, secure platform -- basically, we’re making buying a home in America easier, safer, cheaper, and less painful by moving the process online! Qualia was founded in 2015 by Forbes 30 Under 30 Award recipients Nate Baker, Joel Gottsegen and Lucas Hansen. The company is backed by top investors including 8VC, Bienville Capital, Menlo Ventures and Tiger Global and currently processes 15% of all US real estate transactions. Qualia is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices in Austin, TX.
Our infrastructure team is responsible for designing, developing, monitoring and tuning our production and QA infrastructure, and for developing and maintaining our CI/CD platform and tools. We are looking for entrepreneurial engineers interested in being a part of our rapidly growing engineering team.
As a senior infrastructure engineer, you've been in the industry for a while and have a proven track record of success. You are comfortable taking full responsibility for complex, high-liability projects. You have experience making key architectural decisions and performing the research to back up those decisions. You've dealt with the consequences of your mistakes, and you know how to fight fires if necessary. You enjoy mentoring and providing support to less experienced developers. You've thrived in many different environments and realize that each team is unique.
Your Day to Day
- Your work will focus on architecting, building, managing and tuning our deployment infrastructure
- You will work closely with the rest of the engineering team to ensure stability, scalability, and performance of our broad portfolio of products and services running on AWS
- Our engineers are generalists, and your responsibilities will be flexible based on company needs as well as your skills and interests
Your Background that Likely Makes You a Match
- BS/MS in Computer Science or in a relevant field of study
- 5+ years of experience designing, troubleshooting and tuning large scale cloud systems
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience architecting and managing cloud infrastructure on AWS
- Hands-on working experience with
- Container technology and container orchestration
- NoSQL databases
- Monitoring tools
- CI/CD tools
- Proficiency in a variety of programming languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication, people and collaboration skills
- Experience with large scale enterprise SaaS deployments is a strong plus
- Our flat company structure empowers engineers to make product decisions
- We have a collaborative culture where engineers mentor each other
- Our team members take time to eat together and share conversation at our daily catered lunches
- We have a fantastic location in a sunny office in downtown San Francisco, easily commutable from anywhere in the Bay Area by BART and MUNI
- We offer generous compensation and benefits packages including medical, vision, and dental insurance and a flexible PTO policy
About our Engineering Team
- Our engineering team demonstrates and values technical thought leadership.
- Qualia’s Head of Design, Jack Lukic, is the creator of Semantic UI, one of the most popular open-source design frameworks. Qualia engineers learn this framework, and design patterns more generally, directly from the creator of the framework our front end is built on! Very few companies can say that.
- As part of our focus on continual learning and development, a Qualia team member gives an educational talk on something they’re interested in every Thursday to the entire engineering and product team. Topics range from Kolmogorov complexity theory to the definition of art, to models of existential risk.