At Qualia, we've built a new class of real estate technology that simplifies home buying and selling into an easy, understandable, and secure process. Our products bring together users from across the real estate ecosystem---homebuyers and sellers, lenders, title and escrow agents, and real estate agents---onto a single shared platform, providing greater clarity and transparency to real estate transactions. Today, millions of consumers use Qualia to close on homes every year.
We are looking for a strong engineer to help build, scale and maintain the development environment at Qualia. Our engineering team is growing fast and having a streamlined developer experience and onboarding process is key to the success of our products and engineering culture.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Build software to measure development productivity and develop the strategy and roadmaps to improve the SDLC
- Create and maintain tooling for the engineering onboarding process
- Partner with engineering leadership on defining and promoting good practices
- Research, prototype and develop solutions to support adoption of new technologies
- Gather feedback about developer experience through pair programming
YOUR BACKGROUND THAT LIKELY MAKES YOU A MATCH
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Development experience in Node.js, C#, Ruby, and/or Go
- A plus for hands-on working experience with Kubernetes
- A plus for frontend development experience
- A talent for communicating complex ideas in an easily-understandable way
- Our flat company structure empowers engineers to make product decisions
- We have a collaborative culture where engineers mentor each other
- Our team members take time to eat together and share conversation at our daily catered lunches
- We have fantastic locations in San Francisco, Austin, and Boulder
- We offer generous compensation and benefits packages including medical, vision, and dental insurance and a flexible PTO policy
ABOUT OUR ENGINEERING TEAM
- Our engineering team demonstrates and values technical thought leadership
- Qualia's Head of Design, Jack Lukic, is the creator of Semantic UI, one of the most popular open-source design frameworks Qualia engineers learn this framework, and design patterns more generally, directly from the creator of the framework our front end is built on! Very few companies can say that
- As part of our focus on continual learning and development, a Qualia team member gives an educational talk on something they're interested in every Thursday to the entire engineering and product team. Topics range from Kolmogorov complexity theory to the definition of art, to models of existential risk
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. Qualia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.