At Qualia, we are making it possible to close on a home with a click of a button. Families across the US are now resetting their expectations of how easy it can be to buy or sell a home.
We are fundamentally transforming the real estate closing process, the gateway to one of the largest US asset classes historically untouched by modern technology. Our platform brings everyone involved in the closing process – lenders, realtors, title agents, home buyers and sellers – onto one shared, secure, mobile platform. Qualia has grown significantly since its founding in 2015, and now handles 15% of the national real estate market.
About the role
We are seeking a Corporate Communications leader to execute Qualia’s public relations strategy by driving effective internal and external public relations through media and direct relationship building. This position will be a crucial member of the Qualia Marketing team, reporting to the VP of Marketing in San Francisco and working closely with the rest of Qualia’s executive team.
You don't need to be a real estate expert to apply for this position; we are focused on your demonstrated ability to produce results and be a fantastic story teller. You should be an organized strategist, have strong communication and people skills and be able to effectively promote Qualia’s brand messages and values. We are a small and scrappy team with a strong passion for building.
Your day to day
- Work closely with diverse media to garner a steady stream of media coverage, year-round.
- Build relationships with industry and tech influencers to secure meaningful and frequent positive coverage of Qualia’s growth and impact.
- Promote Qualia’s mission, vision and values internally and externally.
- Develop media relations strategies in key markets and manage editorial calendar.
- Possess journalist-quality writing skills to create pitches, news releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, blog posts, social media posts and executive briefing documents.
- Be comfortable with tight deadlines, often concurrent, for disparate projects.
- Be a self-starter who approaches everything with drive, urgency, and energy.
- An eye for unconventional narratives — you should be a natural storyteller who sees the bigger picture in every piece of data, product launch, or new development
- A background in technology companies — bonus points for a combination of B2B and consumer-facing products
- Experience and comfort with coaching/partnering with executives
- Help manage and support our public relations agency in achieving results within an integrated PR strategy.
- Have solid digital communications experience, including metrics analysis.
Your background that likely makes you a match
- You have 5+ years of experience in corporate communications, preferably having worked in-house.
- You are mission-driven and ready to make a significant impact on the real estate industry.
- You can write exceptional talking points about a subject you were just briefed on.
- You are curious and enjoy learning about real estate, finance, and property use.
- You can think on your feet and are comfortable in a fast-growing work environment.
- The opportunity to join a smart and exciting team that is passionate about working together to solve a massive problem that impacts every home buyer and seller
- A team culture that embraces individual curiosity, professional growth, and development
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
- Centrally located Downtown office
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- Other fun perks like daily catered lunches, weekly happy hours & team trips