At Qualia, we've built a new class of real estate technology that simplifies home buying and selling into a simple, secure, and enjoyable process. Our products bring together users from across the real estate ecosystem---homebuyers and sellers, lenders, title and escrow agents, and real estate agents---onto a single shared platform, providing greater clarity and transparency to real estate transactions. Today, millions of consumers use Qualia to close on homes every year.
- Work with and test modern title production software for the mortgage industry, in particular, Resware, and understand and demonstrate how that software is used in day-to-day operations of title companies.
- Understand common workflows in title production software, and design and simulate test workflows.
- Create test configuration of title production software according to documented test plan procedures, and then execute those tests against the configuration and find and report any defects in the software.
- Create test plans, test suites, and test cases to test software using test plan management tools like TestRail, Azure DevOps etc. Install software from source code in various environments, and compile, run and troubleshoot C#/.NET development environments.
- Install and run test databases, like SQL Server, in local and test environments.
- Maintain a software development environment in a modern Integrated Development Environment, specifically Microsoft Visual Studio, by pulling code from source code repositories like GIT and SVN.
- Work with modern work tracking tools like AzureDevOps, and work with feature and defect tracking tools on a daily basis to track work to completion with an extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work closely with development teams and engineers to ensure that all work completed each week (including bug fixes and features) is fully tested and passes documented acceptance criteria created by Product Managers.
- Understand banking integrations and bank accounting reconciliation, and perform tests of software that transacts money, including bank integrations using sFTP and API integrations in multiple encrypted file formats.
- Understand testing APIs and XML interfaces of modern software systems.
- Setup and configure Resware integrations, including Resware to Resware, for setting up and tearing down test cases while running test plans.
- Setup and configure third party integrations in the title industry for testing, such as RealEC, Qualia, TitleHound, Ernst, etc. Test over 175 Resware integrations.
- Perform exploratory testing in software systems and report issues to software engineers.
- Understand new features developed by software engineers, work with them during the development process to determine how to optimally test (and document how to test) these features, and then execute those test plans as part of a standard software development life cycle.
- Configure test systems from a test database in order to fully test new features and bug fixes before they are shipped to customers as part of a regular release cadence without the assistance of release engineers.
- Test installation processes and metrics/analytics tools for software.
- Analyze test failures, failure rates, and reasons for QA misses, and then adjust processes and methods of working to avoid repeated defect prevention failures in the future.
- Recreate defects in configuration when given defects reported by customer success teams from external customers and verify when defects are fixed in a test Resware database or a customer database supplied for testing.
- Manage testing for a large number of versions and builds of a Windows software product as installed by customers.
- Test hotfixes applied to Resware environments precisely and with attention to detail.
- Build and test specific Resware versions.
- *Telecommuting arrangement available.
Requirement: Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field and one (1) year of experience in any related occupation.
Skills: Building and compiling software products from source code for testing and maintain a development environment; maintaining Resware configurations and actions workflows configurations for testing; configuring and testing bank integrations; testing installations of software on multiple operating systems, database versions, client/server environments, email environments, third party integrations combinations, and webserver software testing; testing a full stack hybrid desktop/web on premise title production software system, end to end.
Salary: $74,000 - $86,000 per year
Contact: Rachel Nichols (email@example.com) Must include [Req #00316] to be considered
Qualia is made up of incredibly bright, mission-driven coworkers who are passionate about using technology to solve real world problems---and we're growing quickly. In order to continue building an engaging and dynamic organization, we're committed to giving everyone the support they need to do great work.
Our benefits package is designed to allow our team members to be their best selves, both in and out of the workplace. In addition to comprehensive health plans, a 401k program, and commuter benefits, we prioritize family and personal well-being through professional development, parental leave, and a flexible time off policy. Qualia offers a robust online onboarding program to train new hires, biweekly all hands meetings, daily meditation sessions, and a variety of internal virtual events to keep employees connected.
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. Qualia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.