Qualia is a digital real estate closing technology company that provides the infrastructure to streamline the home closing experience. The company offers a suite of products that brings together homebuyers and sellers, lenders, title & escrow agents and real estate agents onto one secure shared platform. Qualia was founded in 2015 by Forbes 30 Under 30 Award recipients Nate Baker, Joel Gottsegen and Lucas Hansen. The company is backed by top investors including 8VC, Bienville Capital, Menlo Ventures and Tiger Global and currently processes 15% of all US real estate transactions.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
The Information Security Manager is responsible for overseeing security assurance programs, identifying non-compliance issues and security vulnerabilities, and managing remediation activities. You will build on Qualia’s security program, proactively reducing cyber risk to the organization. This role owns the design and implementations of technical projects across all facets of Qualia’s security program that are outside the scope of Engineering. You will work closely with stakeholders across the company and be the touchpoint for external auditors and Qualia’s prospective partners and customers. Qualia is growing rapidly, and there is significant opportunity for growth within this role and in related disciplines such as IT.
- You will be the owner of Qualia’s security assurance programming, maintaining Qualia’s policies, keeping our operations in step with these guidelines, vetting new additions to our physical and digital infrastructure, and managing projects to keep Qualia secure as we scale.
- Advise decision makers on security shortfalls, control deficiencies, and areas needing improvement.
- Own company-wide compliance programs and external audits (e.g. SOC 2, ISO 27001, etc) at Qualia to achieve and maintain compliance as reflected in successful audits, certifications, and compliance reports
- Support the development and maintenance of Qualia’s security policies and plans including privacy, onboarding/off-boarding, information security, physical security, disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Collaborate with business owners to prioritize projects and solutions to reduce privacy risk and improve compliance.
- Educate and train process owners about privacy and data protection.
YOUR BACKGROUND THAT LIKELY MAKES YOU A MATCH
- BS level technical degree; Computer Science, Math, Information Systems, or Finance/Accounting preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Privacy, Data Protection, Security or Business Process Auditing, Privacy Engineering, and/or Information Security Compliance.
- Familiarity with security and privacy standards such as SOC 2 and ISO 27001.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing a privacy compliance program that balances risk and the needs of the business.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service or cloud service providers industry challenges, and ideally familiarity and experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate privacy concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff, external auditors, outside consultants, and legal counsel.
- Strong technical foundation to be able to develop Qualia privacy program best practices based on compliance requirements and Qualia systems and processes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver quality work on deadlines.
- Applying knowledge of IT project management principles, methods, and practices to develop plans and schedules, estimate resource requirements, define milestones and deliverables, monitor activities, and evaluate and report on accomplishments.
We want to make it as easy as possible for our team members to create great work and live a healthy work/life balance. Our benefits package takes care of employees both inside and outside of the office. Each day employees dine together- eating a delicious meal from a local vendor. Our kitchen is stocked with snacks and beverages. We offer a slew of other benefits such as: flexible PTO, fun monthly events, great health benefits, a new laptop, and a gorgeous work environment. Qualia is growing fast. We’re passionate about technology that solves real world problems that affect millions. Our team is made up of incredibly fun and bright co-workers. We set a high bar, but also value balancing hard work with social outings.