At Qualia, we are fundamentally transforming the way real estate professionals, lenders, and homebuyers manage real estate transactions, one of the nation’s largest industries. We are bringing together everyone involved in the closing process onto one shared, secure, mobile system of record-- basically, we’re making buying a home in America easier, safer, cheaper, and less painful by moving the process online! Qualia backed by 8VC, Menlo Ventures, and other top investors and is currently processing 15% of all US real estate transactions.
We are hiring entrepreneurial engineers interested in being a part of our rapidly growing engineering team. Our engineers are conscientious hackers who like teamwork but are also comfortable with independent projects. Our engineering team releases new software every week, moves at a fast pace, and works directly with our design and customer-facing teams to imagine and build the new experiences our customers love. Because of that, you’ll get a rewarding variety of projects to work on. We are looking for a Front-End Engineer and are open to hiring someone who is based out of Austin, New York, or San Francisco.
Your day to day
- Work as a front-end engineer at the intersection of product, marketing and engineering
- Build and maintain all public-facing Qualia web properties - including Qualia.com,
- Qualia blog, customer knowledge base, as well as other stand-alone digital experiences like webinars, landing pages and microsites
- Collaborate with design, marketing, and content authors to build out engaging brand experiences that help our company reach new customers.
Your background that likely makes you a match
- Strength in cross-functional collaboration with design, product, and marketing
- Ability to produce pixel-perfect web layouts from static mockups using HTML and CSS and modern development techniques (Flexbox, Responsive Design)
- Comfortable working with Git, and command line tools for build and deployment processes.
(Bonus) Proficiency with the following
- Experience with UI Component frameworks and theming (we use Semantic UI)
- Experience implementing motion design in code (CSS animations, transforms, filters, transitions and keyframing)
- Experience with Static Site Generators
- Understanding of modern image and video encoding and best practices (WebP, H.264, PNG compression)
The tech stack you'll use
- Meteor / Semantic UI / MongoDB
- Microservice architecture / Docker / AWS
- Local copy of full production stack for development
- GitHub for version control and pull requests
- Our flat company structure empowers engineers to make product decisions
- We have a collaborative culture where engineers mentor each other
- Our team members take time to eat together and share conversation at our daily catered lunches
- We have a fantastic location in a sunny office in downtown San Francisco, easily commutable from anywhere in the Bay Area by BART and MUNI
- We offer generous compensation and benefits packages including medical, vision, and dental insurance and a flexible PTO policy
About Our Engineering Team
- Our engineering team demonstrates and values technical thought leadership.
- Qualia’s Head of Design, Jack Lukic, is the creator of Semantic UI, one of the most popular open-source design frameworks. Qualia engineers learn this framework, and design patterns more generally, directly from the creator of the framework our front end is built on! Very few companies can say that.
- As part of our focus on continual learning and development, a Qualia team member gives an educational talk on something they’re interested in every Thursday to the entire engineering and product team. Topics range from Kolmogorov complexity theory to the definition of art, to models of existential risk.