At Qualia, we've built a new class of real estate technology that simplifies home buying and selling into an easy, understandable, and secure process. Our products bring together users from across the real estate ecosystem---homebuyers and sellers, lenders, title and escrow agents, and real estate agents---onto a single shared platform, providing greater clarity and transparency to real estate transactions. Today, millions of consumers use Qualia to close on homes every year.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON
We are seeking a leader for Public Relations & Corporate Communications to execute Qualia's PR strategy by driving effective internal and external public relations through social platforms, media and direct relationship building. This position will be a crucial member of not only the Qualia Marketing team but will also work closely with the rest of Qualia's executive team, including the CEO.
- Build and define a passionate, creative and high-performing Communications strategy
- Have solid digital communications experience, including metrics analysis
- Possess journalist-quality writing skills to create pitches, news releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, blog posts, social media posts and executive briefing documents
- Develop strategic PR plans including press positioning, messaging, media relations strategies, creative collaboration strategies, fresh pitch ideas, and high-impact buzz marketing programs and events
- Own and grow the internal communications function at Qualia, helping to effectively communicate and reinforce strategy, cultural values, and pertinent updates through a dynamic and quickly-growing organization
- Act as a key company ambassador to many of our most important external constituencies, including media, bloggers, influencers, and analysts
- Work cross functionally with teams to build a strong sense of Brand internally and externally
- Develop metrics and processes that help us measure communications impact and reinforce our culture of achievement and accountability
- Leverage data and insights to develop deeper understanding of the target customer
- Create alignment between marketing and sales to align strategies and programs across Field Marketing and Sales Enablement
YOUR BACKGROUND THAT LIKELY MAKES YOU A MATCH
- 8+ years of experience in Comms Leadership
- Startup experience preferred
- Ability to attract, hire and manage a world class team and agency
- Track record of leading and executing a comprehensive strategic communications program
- Strong roster of relationships and contacts with the media
- Experience within a highly regulated industry is ideal
- Content development and management
- Experience and samples of using social platforms
- Exceptional leader and action-oriented self-starter who can set strategy and drive execution with a "roll up the sleeves" approach. Entrepreneurial and ambitious with a "can-do" mentality
- A natural relationship-builder and collaborator
- Forward-thinking, optimistic and excited about the future of real estate
- Flexibility to adapt to dynamic and rapidly changing environments
- Innate sense of urgency. Personally committed to moving aggressively without needing any nudges
- Dynamic and disciplined thinker with intellectual horsepower and a passion for making a mark in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Natural leader and hands-on team player with strong interpersonal capabilities. Inspires a culture of innovation, execution, collaboration, accountability, and positivity
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to toggle between strategic and detail orientated thinking
- Tenacious problem solving & issue resolution skills
- Strong interest in Qualia's mission and vision, and opinions on the fundamentals that drive the industry
Qualia is made up of incredibly bright, mission-driven coworkers who are passionate about using technology to solve real world problems---and we're growing quickly. In order to continue building an engaging and dynamic organization, we're committed to giving everyone the support they need to do great work.
Our benefits package is designed to allow our team members to be their best selves, both in and out of the workplace. In addition to comprehensive health plans, a 401k program, and commuter benefits, we prioritize family and personal well-being through professional development, parental leave, and a flexible time off policy. The team is temporarily remote during the pandemic, but Qualia offers a robust online onboarding program to train new hires, biweekly all hands meetings, daily meditation sessions, and a variety of internal virtual events to keep employees connected.
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. Qualia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.