At Qualia, we are making it possible to close on a home with a click of a button. Families across the US are now resetting their expectations of how easy it can be to buy or sell a home.
We are fundamentally transforming the real estate closing process, a $40 billion industry historically untouched by modern technology. Our platform brings everyone involved in the closing process – lenders, realtors, title agents, home buyers and sellers – onto one shared, secure, mobile platform. Qualia has grown significantly since its founding in 2015, and now handles more than 10% of the national real estate market.
About the role:
We are seeking a Corporate Communications Manager to execute Qualia’s public relations strategy by driving effective internal and external public relations through media and direct relationship building. This position will be a crucial member of the Qualia Marketing team, reporting to the VP of Marketing in San Francisco.
You must be an organized strategist, have strong communication and people skills and be able to effectively promote Qualia’s brand messages and values. You need to be a strong writer with a creative approach to storytelling. You will be expected to manage multiple projects flawlessly and constantly be looking for new opportunities to tell the Qualia story. You don't need to be a real estate expert to apply for this position; we are focused on your demonstrated ability to produce results.
As a Corporate Communications Manager you will:
- Work closely with diverse media to garner a steady stream of media coverage, year-round.
- Build relationships with industry and tech influencers to secure meaningful and frequent positive coverage of Qualia’s growth and impact.
- Promote Qualia’s mission, vision and values internally and externally.
- Develop media relations strategies in key markets and manage editorial calendar.
- Possess journalist-quality writing skills to create pitches, news releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, blog posts, social media posts and executive briefing documents.
- Be comfortable with tight deadlines, often concurrent, for disparate projects.
- Be a self-starter who approaches everything with drive, urgency, and energy.
- Be consultative, reaching out to company stakeholders in order to build support for your initiatives.
- Help manage and support our public relations agency in achieving results within an integrated PR strategy.
- Have solid digital communications experience, including metrics analysis.
Relevant experience and mindset:
- You have 5+ years of experience in corporate communications, preferably having worked in-house.
- You are mission driven and ready to make a significant impact on the real estate industry.
- You can write exceptional talking points about a subject you were just briefed on.
- You are curious and enjoy learning about real estate, finance, and property use.
- You can think on your feet and are comfortable in a fast growing work environment.
What Qualia offers:
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- An amazing culture, team, and mission of which you will be an essential part
- The most-fun chance you will ever get to change an entire industry