At Qualia, we are fundamentally transforming the real estate closing process, a $40 billion industry historically untouched by modern cloud-based technology. Our platform brings everyone involved in the closing process – lenders, realtors, title agents, home buyers and sellers – onto one shared, secure, mobile system of record. Within a year of launching nationwide, Qualia has grown to process 10% of monthly U.S. real estate closings and our market share is growing everyday. Qualia is backed by Menlo Ventures, 8VC and other top investors and is growing quickly. Our thousands of passionate users spend the majority of their day logged into one of Qualia's web and mobile enterprise apps.
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables.
- Work with our external accountants to manage and improve general ledger functions including balance sheet reconciliations, journal entry preparation, and preparation for month end close
- Maintain Accounts Payable function including expenses report processing and review
- Collaborate with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures, and controls and provide support for special requests
- Support the department and organization to prepare for and internal and/or external audits
- Proactively review current procedures and seek ways to improve processes to ensure timely monthly close, accuracy of accounting entries, and operational efficiency
- Perform research and make recommendations for complex accounting scenarios
- Participate in build out of complex systems and support the automation of our internal processes that impacts accounting operations
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience required
- Cumulative accounting experience of 2-4 years, with 2+ years of Big 4 audit experience with exemplary performance
- Previous experience in a startup or corporate role preferred, but not required
- Strong math, analytical, research, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective communicator, proven team manager
- Ability to grow with the organization and take on increased responsibility as earned
- Nice to have: some knowledge of Python, git, etc.
- CPA required